Everything you need to know about how we operating at present
England moved back into a national lockdown on 5th January The below explains how we are operating. As soon as anything changes this page will be updated, so please keep checking here first.
REHOMING - We are closed for rehoming and don't expect this to change before February. Please keep an eye on this page for further news. We are unable to take details of interest I'm afraid but the website will always be up to date. We do have dogs with us which are being cared for but have removed all details from the website due to the number of enquiries we were receiving, despite being closed. We understand the frustration for those wishing to adopt but have no other suitable option unfortunately.
ADMISSIONS - You can forward details of any dog you need to rehome via the online form in the I Need To Rehome section and we will do our best to assist as circumstances allow.
BOARDING - Our boarding kennels will be closed, except for key workers or emergency situations. Please call Monday to Friday to make a booking - 01889 577058
Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support, we really appreciate them. Like all charities this will be a very difficult time practically as well as financially and so whilst we understand lots of people are facing financial difficulties as well and your own family must come first - if you are able - please consider donating to help our work. We still require our staff to care for the dogs in our care and at present there are are very very few funding opportunites for animal charities.
We are losing at least £7,500 a month from rehoming income, donations and our boarding kennels. The reserves we are using were set aside for our potential relocation due to HS2, so it does have a double effect on us.
You can donate to support our work by clicking this link - our Coronavirus Appeal
You can now also donate by text - Text BCTGB3 to 70085 to donate £3 ( Replace the 3 with any amount you wish to donate of course) - Texts cost £3 (or the amount you wish to donate) plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text BCTGBNOINFO 3 (or the amount you wish to donate) to 70085.
As you can't visit we do have some online videos which you are welcome to view. A Virtual Tour of the centre
Your Support - as with all charities and indeed businesses there is no doubt we will be affected personally, emotionally and certainly financially. We appreciate everyone will find the next few weeks challenging but any donation towards our work has never been so important and you can donate by clicking here.
We will continue to stock our eBay "shop" so you can always support us in that way, you can find our current listings here
1. Adoption of a collie - Please read the instructions above regarding rehoming and the current procedure. Please DO NOT visit the centre.
2. Rehoming your collie - Again, in view of the situation our abiity to offer places will be affected. Please read the instructions above. We will continue to offer support with advice by phone and help in offering places when we can.
3. Volunteers - We do miss our volunteers but all volunteering is currently suspended. At this stage we do not know when this will change.
4. Staffing - Our daily staffing has been reduced to "minimum level" and split into teams who will always work together, thereby reducing the contact between all staff and hopefully ensuring our ability to provide the level of care to our dogs.
5. General Visiting - We do often receive visits from owners coming back to see us, supporters dropping off food, blankets etc. We do appreciate and indeed look forward to these visits. In view of the current advice, please DO NOT visit without contacting us first to discuss.
6. Mail Orders - We really value the support from mail orders, we will be continuing to take orders both online and by phone.
We're sure things will change and evolve as time goes by - please check back here for updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org