Everything you need to know about how we operating from 19th July
Our rehoming process remains as below and is explained in full on the How Do I Adopt page
REHOMING - Dogs available for rehoming are on the website in the Rehoming section, this is always up to date as it is done automatically. If you are interested in adopting please complete this Online Adoption Form. Once completed you will receive an automated acknowledgement that we have received your form, if it doesn't appear in your inbox please check your spam folder before contacting us.
PLEASE DO - complete the adoption form if you wish to be considered for one or any of the dogs currently with us.
PLEASE DON'T - call us to ask for an appointment, ask when you can visit or ask if you can leave your details with us. We are now reviewing all the adoption forms to date and contacting those we feel are the best match and discuss further. All the details regarding the dog will then be emailed to you, an appointment made to meet the dog and discuss with staff. Some dogs may require more than one visit and this will be arranged. Please continue to complete an adoption form if you wish to adopt from us
PLEASE DON'T - assume you have been unsuccessful because you don't hear from us straight away or because the dog you have applied for goes off the website. This process will take some time and we may need to contact more than one person and arrange visits before a dog is rehomed so please bear with us. If you see another dog that you would be interested in adopting then please just email us your name and post code and the dogs name you are interested in adopting and we will certainly consider your adoption form
We are unable to take details of interest or details to contact you in the future I'm afraid but the website and this page will always be up to date. Hopefully our process will return to normal soon
ADMISSIONS - You can forward details of any dog you need to rehome via the online form in the I Need To Rehome section and we will do our best to assist as circumstances allow.
BOARDING - Our boarding kennels are open but appointments to drop off and collect are necessary still. Please call Monday to Friday to make a booking - 01889 577058
Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support, we really appreciate them. Like all charities this will be a very difficult time practically as well as financially and so whilst we understand lots of people are facing financial difficulties as well and your own family must come first - if you are able - please consider donating to help our work. We still require our staff to care for the dogs in our care and at present there are are very very few funding opportunites for animal charities.
We are losing at least £7,500 a month from rehoming income, donations and our boarding kennels. The reserves we are using were set aside for our potential relocation due to HS2, so it does have a double effect on us.
You can donate to support our work by clicking this link - our Coronavirus Appeal
You can now also donate by text - Text BCTGB3 to 70085 to donate £3 ( Replace the 3 with any amount you wish to donate of course) - Texts cost £3 (or the amount you wish to donate) plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text BCTGBNOINFO 3 (or the amount you wish to donate) to 70085.
As you can't visit we do have some online videos which you are welcome to view. A Virtual Tour of the centre
Your Support - as with all charities and indeed businesses there is no doubt we will be affected personally, emotionally and certainly financially. We appreciate everyone will find the next few weeks challenging but any donation towards our work has never been so important and you can donate by clicking here.
We will continue to stock our eBay "shop" so you can always support us in that way, you can find our current listings here
1. Adoption of a collie - Please read the instructions above regarding rehoming and the current procedure. Please DO NOT visit the centre unbless an appointment has been made.
2. Rehoming your collie - Again, in view of the situation our abiity to offer places will be affected. Please read the instructions above. We will continue to offer support with advice by phone and help in offering places when we can.
3. Volunteers - We do miss our volunteers but all volunteering is still suspended. At this stage we do not know when this will change.
4. Staffing - Our daily staffing has been reduced to "minimum level" and split into teams who will always work together, thereby reducing the contact between all staff and hopefully ensuring our ability to provide the level of care to our dogs.
5. General Visiting - We do often receive visits from owners coming back to see us, supporters dropping off food, blankets etc. We do appreciate and indeed look forward to these visits. In view of the current advice, please DO NOT visit without contacting us first to discuss.
6. Mail Orders - We really value the support from mail orders, we will be continuing to take orders both online and by phone.
We're sure things will change and evolve as time goes by - please check back here for updates or email email@example.com