Everything you need to know about how we operating at present
REHOMING - please read all the information below. Like many rescues we don't have as many as normal and because the rehoming process is taking longer at times we are taking them off the website as soon as someone reserves them to come and meet. The website is always up to date though
We are unable to reserve any dogs or take expressions of interest by email or via social media. All adoption enquiries by phone please, between 9am and 4pm. The wesbite is always up to date with details of the dogs we have for rehoming. If you are interested in a particular dog - please phone - if you email you may well miss the opportunity despite the regularity in which we try to respond to emails.
COVID19 Regional Restrictions - In view of the changing situation with local restrictions and infection levels please note that if you live in Wales, Scotland or an English region classed as Very High you must not be travelling to us and we will be unable to accept any reservations from addresses in those areas. This is of course a rapidly changing situation so if in doubt please call us.
BOARDING - more information here
We are now open to visitors every day, BUT it will be by appointment only. There are a limited number of appointments available daily.
We are currently working in the following manner.
- Visits by appointment only. Sorry to keep repeating this but do not visit without an appointment as we will probably be unable to help you with other visitors booked. Appointments can only be made by telephone, between 9am and 4pm in order that we can discuss the system and obtain all the information we need in order to reserve the dog you are interested in meeting. Please understand that we are unable to make an appointment just to visit, we need to identify a dog that you are interested in that obviously does suit your circumstances as well.
- Please remember all the dogs we rescue are here at our centre in Staffordshire so you will need to be able to come to us.
- Once arranged we will email you a link to an online Adoption Form to complete. This must be completed as soon as possible and at least 24 hours prior to the visit.
- We don't ask for an Adoption Form to be completed until such time as we have arranged an appointment for you to come.
- Whilst we welcome all those involved in the adoption to visit, only one person (the intended new owner) will meet with a member of staff.
- Staff will come to the gates and meet you. All others must remain in their vehicle on the car park.
- A temporary outside "reception" will be in place. Once the formalities have been completed and the dog introduced, any remaining family members can join you to meet the dog.
- Where weather conditions make it unsuitable to carry out all the initial discussions, our normal reception will be used by one member of staff and the potential new owner. In line with the latest requirements, we ask that you wear a face covering inside the building and use hand sanitser before entry.
- Track & Trace - as appointments are necessary we are able to provide details of all visitors should it be required. For those using a Track & Trace App a QR code is available by Reception Door
- Any further discussions will remain between the "owner" and the member of staff.
- Hand and Surface Sanitiser will be available.
- The usual social distancing rules will apply.
- Please inform us if anyone in your family shows any symptoms of coronavirus before visiting or if anyone in your family is asked to self isolate by the current Track and Trace system.
Thank you for all the interest and support during our period of very limited rehoming. We appreciate that dogs with us are getting reserved very quickly due to the limited numbers coming to us. Please bear with us, keep an eye on the website but understand all staff are doing their best to assist. Disappointment on not being able to visit or missing out on a dog does not excuse some of the "angry" calls we have received during the current situation. The usual 24 hour reservation period for the intial meeting of dogs does not currently apply as we only have limited appointments available a day
We are unable to reserve any dogs or take expressions of interest by email or via social media. All adoption enquiries by phone please, between 9am and 4pm
We are also getting lots of requests by email, phone, social media to be personally notified when we will be open as normal, when we will have more dogs etc. We hope you can appreciate the difficulty in knowing.
Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support, we really appreciate them. Like all charities this will be a very difficult time practically as well as financially and so whilst we understand lots of people are facing financial difficulties as well and your on family must come first - if you are able - please consider donating to help our work. We still require our staff to care for the dogs in our care and at present there are are very very few funding opportunites for animal charities.
We estimate we will loose at least £7,500 a month from rehoming income, donations and our boarding kennels. The reserves we are using were set aside for our potential relocation due to HS2, so it does have a double effect on us.
You can donate to support our work by clicking this link - our Coronavirus Appeal
You can now also donate by text - Text BCTGB3 to 70085 to donate £3 ( Replace the 3 with any amount you wish to donate of course) - Texts cost £3 (or the amount you wish to donate) plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text BCTGBNOINFO 3 (or the amount you wish to donate) to 70085.
As you can't visit we do have some online videos which you are welcome to view. A Virtual Tour of the centre
Your Support - as with all charities and indeed businesses there is no doubt we will be affected personally, emotionally and certainly financially. We appreciate everyone will find the next few weeks challenging but any donation towards our work has never been so important and you can donate by clicking here.
We will continue to stock our eBay "shop" so you can always support us in that way, you can find our current listings here
We hope to re-open boarding kennels from mid June as demand for bookings increases. Drop Offs and Collections will be by appointment only. Payment wil be taken at the time of booking and proof of vaccinations will be required before visiting. We will ask you to email a copy of the vaccination card. In the event of difficulty we may ask you to ask your vet to confirm. No belongings other then lead, food and medications
1. Adoption of a collie - Please read the instructions above regarding rehoming and the current procedure. Please DO NOT visit the centre.
2. Rehoming your collie - again, in view of the situation our abiity to offer places may be affected. We will continue to offer support with advice by phone and help in offering places when we can.
3. Volunteers - We do miss our volunteers but our volunteer programme and work experience placements are currently suspended due to the Coronavirus situation. We had hoped to review them at the end of September. However, in view of the increasing restrictions being introduced this will now not take place until the end October
4. Staffing - we intend to reduce our daily staffing to "minimum level" and split our colleagues into teams who will always work together, thereby reducing the contact between all staff and hopefully ensuring our ability to provide the level of care to our dogs.
5. General Visiting - we do often receive visits from owners coming back to see us, supporters dropping off food, blankets etc. We do appreciate and indeed look forward to these visits. In view of the current advice, please DO NOT visit without contacting us first to discuss.
6. Mail Orders - we really value the support from mail orders, our ability to fulfill them as quickly as normal is difficult but we will do our very best.
We're sure things will change and evolve as time goes by - please check back here for updates or of course call us on 01889 577058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org